- Find a golden deal
Use your computer to check out promotions, even if you end up booking through a travel agency or cruise line.
- Although online prices are very often advantageous, if you find a lower tariff on the Internet, some cruise companies will equal it or offer even better.
- Find an agency that suits you
Call two or three agencies to get their best prices.
- Determine how the agency looks after you and seeks to meet your needs and interests.
- A good way to check if an agency is legitimate is whether it is a member of a professional association by doing an internet search.
- Book in advance or at the last minute
Cruise companies offer big discounts if you pay well in advance (you could save a few hundred dollars), but prices tend to fluctuate over time and if the ship has empty cabins nearing the time From the start, prices fall.
- Booking at the last minute can sometimes help you make an even more interesting deal.
- Make sure you do not nibble at the cost savings from last minute airline tickets.
- Off-season reductions
The high season (and therefore the most expensive) tends to be between late December and March.
- Fall offers good cruising rates, but it’s also the hurricane season in some areas.
- Know what’s included
Food and entertainment are included, but not tips, and they can represent up to a hundred dollars per week per person.
- Many excursions ashore are also extra, which will increase your expenses.
- Check carefully what is included.
- Go on your own
Do not limit yourself to planned excursions from the ship.
- Contact the tourist offices of the ports you will visit in advance and look at what they can offer you.
- Creating your own shore route can be more fun, better suited to your interests and much cheaper.
- Do not forget to take into account your personal safety in certain places.
- Find a room without a view
The interior cabins are just as spacious as those on the outside and cost about 60% cheaper.
- The only thing you will miss is the sight; When you sleep.
- Save on Flight
Most cruise packages include everything but airline tickets.
- Many cruise lines will offer you a lower fare with an airline, as it is possible that this is not the best rate.
- One of the advantages of booking a flight with a partner cruise company is that if the flight is delayed, your reservation will be retained and they will take you to the boat in some other way.
- Contact the company directly
After checking out the discount travel sites, you could save by consulting each cruise line directly.
- Even if the sites do not allow you to book the trip, you can get a better idea of the ships and the equipment they offer before you buy.
- Find out about your choice
The profiles of cruise lines, reviews, bargains and cruise tips are all available online.
- Compare the different airlines below to find the best deal.
A cruise is supposed to be a relaxing time, not an expensive trip. Learn about your options and create an unforgettable vacation!