- Cheap decorations
You can organize a memorable and enjoyable party without spending a fortune.
- Spread fir tree branches or twigs in the center of your table or along the coat of your chimney. No need to stick to balsam fir: branches of cedar or pine also look great.
- Stretch some unbreakable plastic baubles between the branches for an effortless and low-cost centerpiece.
- Gifts exchange
Rather than buying a gift for each member of your family, organize an exchange of gifts between adults.
- The principle is simple: pull numbers and, in turn, choose a gift brought by your friends and family members.
- This is an affordable way to offer gifts while establishing a new tradition.
- Surprises in Christmas stocking
Another great way to cut costs at Christmas is to agree to buy a small gift to put in the stocking of every member of the house.
- This can even replace the traditional gifts under the tree if you wish.
- Determine a price limit for each item, for example, $ 10. This approach makes the discovery of the content of the stockings an exciting and fun event for the whole family!
- Biscuit Exchange
Another great way to entertain during the holidays while avoiding the costs involved is to organize a cookie exchange.
- Each prepares biscuits for the participants and others to share with the group during the event.
- This is also a great way to get a variety of small treats prepared care.
Costs to receive guests can make a hole in your holiday budgets.
- To counter this inconvenience through a potluck. Your guests will not be reluctant to bring a dish and this will allow you to welcome people more often.
- Plan intelligently
By the end of the holidays, this is the perfect time to get decorations, accessories and wrapping paper, as the merchandise is sold in shops.
- These items will not be useful if you cannot find them the following year.
- Place your purchases in a sturdy plastic bag and label it clearly.
- Evening of ugly Christmas sweaters
This is the latest trend: organizing a party where everyone wears his most awful Christmas sweater.
- But why limit yourself to the Christmas theme? Organize an evening of Thanksgiving or New Year’s Eve sweaters.
- Visit thrift stores to find cheap themed sweaters.
- Make a draw
Make your event more special by presenting a door prize.
- It can be a basket of candy from the dollar store or gifts you have received that you do not like.
- Wrap it all up and shoot a guest’s name to finish the evening in style.
- Out of the ordinary themes
Give your celebration an ambiance unusual by choosing a theme.
- Go for something unexpected and establish a new tradition.
- For example, a Las Vegas themed party and casino would be ideal for Christmas Eve. Play cards, light a disco ball and enjoy the evening with friends and family!
- Group Donation
Launch the tradition of organizing an office party where, instead of feeling compelled to buy gifts for all of your colleagues and supervisors, each brings a small gift that will be donated to a charity in your area.
- For example, ask everyone to bring a pet-themed gift that will be donated to an animal shelter.
Enjoy the holidays without regretting your expenses. Follow these tips to discover new ways to celebrate.