The gardens and outdoor spaces were secondary to many owners, but that era is over. These six trends of contemporary outdoor design give the gardens a new youth.
1. Patio style patio
The grid pattern for patios and aisles has given way to much more complex and distinctive designs.
- A mandala, the owner’s initials, a flower pattern or a kaleidoscope pattern are some of the models incorporated by the owners.
- The self-locking and concrete pavers in oversized formats, lined with tons and various shapes and varied allow delimiting the space easily.
- Unexpected geometric patterns help create a beautiful piece of outdoor decor.
2. The juxtaposed materials
Outdoor patio designs are now also enhanced by combining two contrasting materials (or more).
- Today, patios, walkways, gardens, paths and retaining walls are created with combinations of stone, concrete, quartz, various metals and even different wood grains.
- For example, the light color of stone pavers with frames and/or touches of dark metal or contrasting hardwoods can immediately add style and visual interest to an outdoor space.
You may read also be interested: How to Repairing the roof gutter?
3. Artistic integration
Flowers and vegetable gardens are no longer simply grafted to the garden.
- Today, garden areas are integrated homogeneously and deliberately into patios, walkways, retaining walls, decks, and verandas.
- Patios created to follow curves in a natural way and to leave open spaces for gardens and flower beds will offer a more homogeneous overall look and a greater sense of integration throughout the property.
While style and design are now priorities, homeowners make landscape-making decisions while keeping an eye on the environment.
- Eco-friendly materials are preferred because patios are now more likely to have permeable paving stones that ensure ideal drainage of rainwater.
- The use of native plants, xeriscaping-landscaping landscaping taking into account irrigation) and composting are some of the ways in which gardens can be more environmentally friendly.
5. The kitchen of gourmet outdoors
Having only, a gas grill on the patio is not enough for some homeowners.
- These days, custom-made outdoor kitchens are in fashion.
- The kitchens are equipped with integrated gourmet stations, refrigerators, filled bars and even brick pizza ovens for home-baked pizzas.
6. A warm space all year round
With all of these style improvements available, the owners also find creative ways to extend the outdoor season we all love.
- Designer fireplaces, outdoor brick fireplaces and innovative electric or gas heating systems can help keep the patio comfortable during the winter months.