It is possible to revive your living room without going through major renovation works. Here is how to think about a palette of colors or a new look for your living room without spending a real fortune.
1. Stand in neutral
Keep the walls and floors in neutral tones so you can easily refresh a room on a weekend.
- This is an excellent starting point for renovations that allows you to change your surroundings with minimal mess.
You May Also Like To Read: Top 6 Outdoor and Patio Design Trends
2. Choose a particular item
Look closely at your room and choose an element that will inspire the theme and guide your choice of color for accessories.
- Will it be this brightly colored carpet on the floor or a beautiful picture on the wall?
- A sculpture will add character to the piece and make a real difference in its appearance.
- The use of tapestries or Trompe-l’real effects on the walls can provide visual interest to the room.
- Fireplaces are also excellent centers of attention.
3. Add color
Once a particular favorite item has been selected, the color palette can be added. It is not necessary to consider completely repainting, but a touch of color will highlight accessories carefully chosen.
- Thus, a colored draped over the sofa will immediately put the furniture in evidence.
- By adding colorful cushions, you can create a cozy atmosphere in the room, while enhancing its appearance.
- Curtains are another way to enhance a piece. They can be chosen from a variety of colors and patterns.
By carefully using the colors, a piece can take on a summer look enriched with pale-colored accessories and then transformed into darker shades for a warm winter print in the fall. A plant can also brighten a room and add color to a living room.
4. New lighting
Another way to refresh a room is to equip it with new fixtures.
- Lamps near the furniture can give the living room a more subdued appearance, using one of its central features as a point of interest.
- The color of the existing lamps can be changed to refresh the living room.
- To let more natural light enter the room, just clean the tiles and make them shine.
A living room can be easily reinvigorated at a relatively low price. Why not look at your living room today to refresh it?