Whether you work at home or in the office, it is possible to combat the evils that lie in wait for you to remain seated all day. The following routines will help you to relieve stress and fatigue.
1. Shoulder rolling
- Lift your shoulders as high as you can.
- Roll them back and forth until you feel a loosening of tension.
2. Head nods
- Keep your shoulders loose and your face turned forward, tilt your head toward your shoulder on one side and then on the other.
- Bend your head forward to touch your chest with your chin, and then gently lean back as far as you can, while remaining comfortable.
- Repeat the sequence twice.
3. Thoracic expansion
- Join your hands behind your head and pull your elbows back, trying to get your shoulder blades together.
- Repeat 3 times.
4. Stretching the arms
- Push your arms, palms up, as far as possible on the sides.
- Fold your arms and touch your shoulders with your fingers.
5. Strengthening the arms
- Sit, normally, with your feet on the floor, on a chair with solid armrests. Place your palms on the armrests and lift yourself with your hands as if you were trying to get up from the chair.
- Keep the position when your legs are almost straight, then go down quietly.
- Repeat twice the first day, four times the second and so on, aiming at 10 repetitions in total.
6. Wrist stretching
- Keep your shoulders relaxed, make a fist with your hand and bend it as far as you can towards the inside of your wrist.
- Gently press your fist with your other hand and hold a gentle pressure for 3 seconds.
- Finish by making circles with your wrists, opening, and closing your hands three times.
- Relax and do the same with your other hand.
- Repeat the sequence.
You may also like to read: How to use your feet to lose weight naturally?
7. Back stretch
- Fold your arm over your chest by bringing your hand as far as you can to the opposite side, as if you were trying to hug yourself.
- Hold for 10 seconds.
- Repeat with the opposite arm.
- Next, place your palms in the bottom of your back, elbows outward, and arch your back forwards, bringing your elbows inward.
- Hold for three seconds and then release.
8. Thigh Stretch
- Place one foot on top of your opposite knee.
- Lean forward to bring your forehead to your knee.
- Repeat on the other side.
9. Extension of legs
- Sitting feet outside the desk, stretch your legs as far as you can.
- Lift them each in turn by lifting your thighs off the chair.
- Repeat 10 times on each side.