Choose your location
What’s good with camping is having the choice. But before diving into a new adventure, take a moment to reflect on the type of camping that you want to practice:
- Would you like a winter camping adventure?
- What would you think of camping on the beach with the waves to fall asleep each night?
- You can always enter the spirit of the pioneers and let yourself be tempted by camping in the woods.
- And if you wish, you can come with your dog. Just check in advance if the campsite accepts pets.
After making your choice, you will need to think about the best time to book, at the price, and whether the campsite where you wish to stay requires a security deposit.
With so many beautiful national parks in Canada , the choice can be difficult. That’s why the Internet is so useful; because you will find information on the best camping sites in Canada . What’s more, each province and territory have its own website, so the choice is yours!
What material to bring?
Before you go on an adventure, it should make a list of equipment and gadgets for camping that you need to bring: essential camping accessories such as floor mats and projectors, essential camping items that Do not forget at home, especially matches and a good pocket knife.
- When you reach your destination, you’ll be relieved to know that nothing is missing – because you have done the kind of list that every camper should have prepared perfectly!
- It is also a good idea to have on your list the clothes to take away and a checklist to think about taking a first aid kit for the campsite.
Well-fed campers are happy campers. This is why ordinary sandwiches everyday unsuitable and why it is so important to plan simple and tasty recipes for camping .
- Do not forget to bring the camping utensils you will need to cook.
- Keep in mind that in many places it is forbidden to make open fires, what to check before you go.
You do not know everything about buying a tent, a stove or a sleeping bag? Take the time to inquire and ask relevant questions, since, after all, you’ll want this equipment to last a while.
- First, set a budget and ask yourself if you prefer new equipment, used or leased.
- Before you go shopping, make a list of accessories and check what you already own.
Think about it: when you go camping, you invite yourself to our furry friends.
- Are you not an amateur of critters? Make sure to have insect repellent to reach tomorrow.
- This could also be beneficial to learn more about the wildlife around you, to be better equipped to fend off bears, raccoons or snakes .
- Check out these sources to better protect you from these animals.
Encourage children to take part in the activity
Nothing could be more enjoyable than a family camping trip. Learn to manage your children on a trip , either babies or teenagers (with which you will likely set rules for the use of smartphones).
- Think of games and activities to do once arrive at a destination. After a long day, how about offering everyone a storytelling session around the campfire or songs in the chorus?
- Do not forget to include the man’s best friend!
If you have never set foot in a tent or spent a night in a sleeping bag, this could be a good time to try the campsite and see how a simple meal and an evening spent under the stars can rejuvenate the mind and To unite with nature.